The First National Bank of Dwight was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1905 to demonstrate the solidness of a small town bank. Using the simplicity of the square, this idea was conveyed by the use of exposed brickwork and oak trim. All the furniture also conveyed this idea with no curved lines.
The building originally housed the bank and a real estate office. In the 1960’s the dividing partition was removed to allow the bank to occupy the entire building. Throughout all renovations the oak trim and original design have been restored.
The First National Bank of Dwight is one of only three Wright designed banks still standing.