Welcome to Dwight, IL

The Depot in Dwight, IL

The Depot in Dwight, IL
The growth of the Keeley Cure Company brought an increase in rail traffic from around the country.  A larger depot was needed.  The original depot,...

The Windmill in Dwight, IL

The Windmill in Dwight, IL
The Windmill was built in 1896 as part of the estate of John R. Oughton, one of the founders of the Kelley Institute.  Originally called...

The Country Mansion Restaurant & Garden Room in Dwight, IL

The Country Mansion Restaurant & Garden Room in Dwight, IL
Built in 1891, The Country Mansion originated as the Scott House, a twenty room Victorian boarding house, located one block northeast of its present location. ...

Keeley Institute & Livingston Hotel in Dwight, IL

Keeley Institute & Livingston Hotel in Dwight, IL
During the mid 1880’s, Dr. Leslie E. Keeley was among the first medical pioneers to recognize alcoholism as a disease.  Dr. Keeley and his associates,...

Oughton Carriage House/Prairie Creek Library in Dwight, IL

Oughton Carriage House/Prairie Creek Library in Dwight, IL
The carriage house of the Oughton Estate was built and originally used to house the prize cattle and horses for the Oughton family.  It was...

Pioneer Gothic Church in Dwight, IL

Pioneer Gothic Church in Dwight, IL
Located at the corner of Franklin & Seminole, the Gothic Church was built in 1857 on land donated by Richard P. Morgan, Jr.  This is...